McLeod River Primary Care Network has partnered with the Baby Box Company (http://www.babyboxco.com/) to become a distributor of
This is an exciting program that provides free, approved and safe sleep areas for newborns. The Baby Boxes come with an approved mattress, organic cotton mattress cover, newborn supplies, samples and coupons.
Families who have had a baby on or after August 1, 2016 are eligible for the Baby Box program. The boxes are available to families of newborns from all socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Baby Box is provided at no cost to parents, as this is a universal intervention designed to reduce socioeconomic inequities in healthcare.
BABY BOX PROGRAM REGISTRATION:
1. Visit www.babyboxuniversity.com and set up a login and password. This requires a valid email address.
Alberta from the drop-down menu under the heading "BabyBox University Syllabuses".
3. Successfully complete a brief series of videos and short quiz – spanning approximately
15 - 20 minutes – to obtain a certificate of completion.
4. Either print out or take a screenshot of the certificate as it is required to collect your baby box.
BABY BOX PICK-UP: 1. After registration is complete, parents will be provided with a list of local participating agencies. 2. Parents are responsible for connecting with their local participating agency to obtain their free baby box.
3. The email address that was used to create the login at BabyBox University and the certificate of completion must be provided at the participating agency in order to receive a box.
4. In Whitecourt, Baby Boxes can be picked up at the McLeod River PCN office, located at 5113-50 Avenue. Phone: 780-779-0079.
5. In Edson, Baby Boxes can be picked up at
West Yellowhead Pregnancy Care Centre,
located at 202, 4924- 1 Avenue. Phone: 780-728-0060.
Good News! This program is no longer just a pilot project. It is around to stay in the Whitecourt & Edson areas.