Position Summary: Part-time Panel/Patient Navigator
Location: Fox Creek
12-month fixed term contract .50 FTE
To apply for this position, email your cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Panel Manager plays a key role in implementing panel processes and improvement initiatives in MRPCN Physician Clinics. The Panel Manager works in conjunction with the Physician and Health team to improve efficiencies in the office, increase access for patients and enhancing the patient’s primary care experience, improving clinical outcomes and the patient’s quality of life.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with physician practice(s) to maximize panel management initiatives within the established timelines.
• Assisting the practice(s) to better understand their current access to care, their processes for patient attachment, and their model of care delivery.
• Using the practice EMR to support and maintain the patient panel and to guide clinical care improvement based on accurate EMR data.
• Accurate compiling and reporting of patient panel data to meet panel management goals and outcomes as required.
• Continually updating one’s own knowledge of current screening and prevention guidelines in relation to panel management goals.
• Working with the clinic team to document a panel and verification process.
• Promote an understanding of MRPCN services and benefits.
• Promote routine and ongoing updating and maintenance of patient panels/registries
• Aid in the implementation of ASAP, including clearing backlog and setting up new processes for screening.
• Establish and maintain recall systems with the clinic team to ensure patients due for tests to monitor chronic conditions or preventive health screening manoeuvres are flagged, notified and appropriate follow-up ensues
• Use the EMR to create chronic disease registries or other target groups
• Supporting the PCN Nursing & Clinical teams in Panel Management
• Completing patient-specific forms and referrals in relation to Alberta Screening & Prevention.
• Performing other related duties as required including participation in special projects as required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to develop rapport with physicians and other health providers
• Facilitation, problem-solving, decision making and conflict-management skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple competing priorities
• Communicate effectively and constructively, verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated ability to manage change
• Ability to work independently and as part of diverse teams
• Respect for privacy and confidentiality and the ability to reflect these principles in work processes
• High School Diploma
• Previous use of an electronic medical record system considered an asset
The McLeod River PCN thanks you for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.