Our Geriatric Services specialize in the health and wellness of the geriatric community (60+) in the MRPCN area. The goal of this program is to help individuals gain the necessary skills and health care assistance that would allow them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
The program is dedicated to providing individuals with proper care and assistance, that will enable more individuals to live in their homes longer.
- Support geriatric clients in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and encourage independent living for as long as possible
- As required, provide a Multidisciplinary Team approach that integrates with community services and problem-solves complex geriatric health issues
- Enhance communication and coordination of geriatric care by connecting with relevant community programs and services
- Improve information management
- Continuously improve geriatric care through ongoing program evaluation
- You (Our Client)
- Your Family Members and/or Friends
- Your Family Physician
- MRPCN LPN or RN
- Your Pharmacist
- A Senior’s Health Nurse Provides
- Senior health assessments such as MOCA, MMSE, nutrition, falls risk and depression
- Knowledge on Enduring Power of Attorney (EPOA), Personal Directive (PD) and Goals of Care documents and where to get these completed
- Referrals to resources such as the Alzheimer Society and the Geriatrician Program in Mayerthorpe
- A Geriatrician visits Mayerthorpe once a month to meet with seniors whose health concerns are complex or require assistance
- Contact your family physician or Chronic Disease Nurse for a referral
We will also attempt to include any other health care professionals involved in your care.
Please bring a family member(s) or friend(s) who will be supportive in the decisions made and an advocate in appropriate care.
An overview of the individuals health is created and distributed to the Geriatrics team. This allows the team to review previous treatments and consultations for care, and identify other resources and services the individual may need.